Phoebe

Phoebe
Phoebe, The Baroness Von Peebleschnopps

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Phoebe has passed away

Our sweet little girl, Phoebe, is finally at peace. In her 16 years of life, I was fortunate enough to spend over 15 of them with her and Michael enjoyed more than 10 of them with her. Phoebe persevered in the face of unthinkable odds, beating hemolytic anemia at age 2 and beating Cushing's disease after a long 7 year fight. Sadly, it was dementia and all of its insidious insults that ultimately claimed her life.

Phoebe lived her life with incredible passion, joy and gusto. She loved fiercely and so many of us were lucky to be beneficiaries of her loving devotion. I rescued Phoebe from the Manhattan kill shelter where she ended up after a severe case of neglect and abuse. She was wild, aggressive and a bit scary at first. I often had my doubts that this could work, but I didn't give up on her and she didn't give up on me. Never in my wildest dreams could I have anticipated the depths of love, loyalty and devotion I would learn from this feisty little girl. Having spent over a third of my life to date with Phoebe, we grew up and became adults together. I am forever changed for the better because she was in my life and I will always carry her with me in my memories and in my heart. You will be terribly missed, my little chicken.  Rest in peace, Phoebe (1998 - 2014)

No comments: